Workers Compensation Insurance/Workers Comp
Workers Compensation Insurance provides benefits to employees for work-related injuries or illnesses including medical care, wages from lost work time, and more. It also provides a deceased workers’ family with a financial benefit. If a worker’s family decides to sue a company, it can also help cover the related legal fees.
Preferred Medical Provider Network
Employees can tap into our nationwide network of more than one million providers experienced in treating workplace injuries.
Pay-As-You-Go Billing Solutions
Our pay-as-you-go workers’ compensation billing solution bases premium payments on actual payroll, which can help you manage cash flow.
More than 65,000 participating pharmacies throughout the US are available to fill prescriptions, usually with no out-of-pocket expense to the injured worker.
Protecting Your Employees and Your Business
A key part of running your business is keeping employees safe at work. However, if a worker does suffer an injury, workers compensation coverage provides you and your employees with important protection, for example:
- Medical Expenses (First Aid, Emergency Room, X-Ray)
- Rehabilitation Expenses (Physical Therapy)
- Lost Wages
- Disability Lump Sum
- Death Benefit
Do I Need Workers Comp?
Workers comp is a state-mandated insurance program that covers lost wages and medical treatment resulting from an employee’s work-related injury or illness. It also covers services needed to help an employee recover and return to work. If you choose to opt out of workers compensation insurance, it will put your business at a high risk financially and legally. There are many factors that influence the cost of a worker’s compensation quote; number of employees, number of claims, job-site risk, and more.
What Does it Cover?
Workers’ compensation insurance was created to exclusively address legitimate workplace accidents and carelessness. This insurance policy will cover incidents that occur off the employer’s premises but in the service of a job, injuries sustained while traveling for work, an employee slips on ice on the clock, injures themselves walking up the stairs, injures their back lifting a box of printer paper, and more.
What Does Workers Compensation Not Cover?
Workers’ Compensation Insurance covers job related accidents and injuries, it will generally not cover you if:
- The injury or illness occurs while the worker is doing something illegal.
- The employee wasn’t on the clock.
- The worker’s behavior was in clear violation of company policy or protocol.
- The employee was under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- The injury occurs after an individual is laid off or terminated
- A worker intentionally inflicts his or her own injuries or illnesses
Nevada Insurance Solutions, A Leader in Workers Compensation
Our insurance carriers are the nation’s leading carriers of workers compensation, they have the knowledge and resources necessary to:
- Assist injured workers in obtaining necessary medications for work-related injuries without out-of-pocket expenses
- Deliver top claims services with consistently superior outcomes
- Provide quality, affordable treatment for injured workers from our network of local medical providers