Personal Umbrella Insurance
Personal Umbrella Insurance was created to protect yourself from a scenario where your regular insurance coverage isn’t enough. An umbrella policy provides liability coverage over and above your standard auto insurance or homeowners insurance policies. It offers protection for you and your family against large liability claims or judgments. An umbrella policy is a valuable addition to any auto, homeowners or other policy for extended personal liability protection.
Why Do I Need Personal Umbrella Insurance?
There are countless such scenarios, but here are several common ones to consider:
• Your dog bites a neighbor’s child.
• You are threatened with a lawsuit for something you or your child posted online or in social media.
• While driving, you or a family member strike and severely injure or kill a pedestrian.
• An accident on your swing set causes serious injuries.
• A guest has an accident around your pool that requires surgery.
• You’re burning leaves and cause a fire that damages neighborhood homes.
• You accidentally crash your boat into another boat.
• Your teen driver accidentally hits a pedestrian.
• A broken step causes your babysitter or a guest to have an accident.
Who is Covered by my Personal Umbrella Insurance Policy?
• Your Spouse
• Any Person Named on the Policy Declaration
• Any Relative or Dependent Living With You
• Your Legal Representative, if you die
Personal umbrella policies are available in million-dollar increments from $1 million to $5 million. An appointed agent at Nevada Insurance Solutions can give you more information about a personal umbrella insurance policy so you can make an educated decision about the coverage levels you want.